Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Colombo Night Stop by Srilankan Airlines

I noted several quarries about free Srilankan stopover in Colombo. Anyway, I was traveling from Singapore to Delhi with a 22 hour stopover in Colombo.





Srilankan is a pretty good airlines and their service is very smooth. At check in counter in Changi airport, I was given the option to check the luggage trough to Delhi or to Colombo. Though we had no extra clothes with us, we opted to check the luggage through to Delhi. We were given boarding pass for both sectors. In my travel itinerary, stop over hotel name mentioned was Tamarind Tree hotel. Once I arrived at Colombo airport, we went to Night Stop counter just before immigration and asked the girl if they would book me at another hotel(?Goodwood park), the name of which I saw in a forum. But she advised me that Tamarind Tree is a better option.





Anyway, we were given hotel voucher and was instructed to cross the immigration and go to the transport counter. The transport guys arranged for a car to transfer our family to the hotel. We had some tea on arrival in the afternoon. We had very good buffet dinner. Breakfast buffet was good and lunch was a la carte but also very good. Transport came in time to pick us up for our return trip to the airport.





Tamarind Tree has nice bungalows, and a good sized swimming pool. The also have Gym and other facilities which I did not check out. You can rent swimming costume from the hotel. Tamarind tree Hotel is a good 3 star hotel of international standard.





On our second leg of journey, we did not have to stand in the line at Colombo airport, as we already had our boarding passes. One of our luggages was unlocked and no items were missing.





In summary I found the Srilanka airline provide pretty good service, there night stop is very good. And Colombo airport is much better that the Indian airports that I saw though both countries face very high security risk. Even the Srilankan immigration officer smiled at us whereas Delhi immigration officer was unhappy because our arrival interrupted his newspaper reading.


  • revlon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment