Wednesday, April 25, 2012

beaches in Sri Lanka

Hi,

I%26#39;m going to Sri Lanka with my friends next week for 3weeks. We going to be staying in Colombo for a few days but then we%26#39;re hoping to do abit of travelling, we are interested in:

1 beaches for swimming and snorkelling, any coral area would be great.

2 waterfall

3 nice scenic and calm places to relax for a few days

4 tours which we can go on.

if anyone has any suggestions for any of the above, please let me know. this is my first trip and i want to Sri Lanka and i am so excited as i%26#39;ve never been to this part of the world before and i don%26#39;t want to miss anything.

Thank you so much.

Mei

beaches in Sri Lanka

Hi,

As you like a variety of locations, I reckon your best plan , after the time in Colombo, would be to jump on the train to Kandy.

From there you can spend a couple of days exploring some of the cultural triangle.. Best way is to hire a car and driver for that area.

Then get the train again, this time to go south through the hill country.Either Haputale or Ella are great places to spend a few days with fantastic scenery , including water falls.

Then hire a car and driver for a day and head off down to the coast.

In my experience, Hikkaduwa is the best place for snorkelling over a coral reef.

You could use a car and driver for all of the travelling around part or use the train as I suggested and just use a car when needed.

Rod.

beaches in Sri Lanka

Hello Mei

You are right to be excited about Sri Lanka, I%26#39;m sure you will love the island. I also had my first trip there with my husband and two teenage children this year. We had a great time, all helped by a great local tour guide and driver who was recommended to us by a fellow hotel guest who had used him twice before. He did exactly what we wanted ( a combination of culture, sight seeing, relaxing and adventure) If you want his details send me a message. I couldn%26#39;t recommend him enough. He is a great guy who has reasonable rates and will help you to do all of the things you want. He is very flexible and will arrange exactly what you want. You can either arrange things before you go or call him once you arrive in Sri Lanka. Let me know if you want more information and/or his contact details

Regards

Judith


Mirissa, peaceful and calm for relaxing, beautiful beach, snorkelling and swimming - No%26#39;s 1 and 3 covered by one place.

  • do for extremely dry skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment