Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Accomodation in colombo

hi, i will be visiting colombo between 19th dec and 21st dec.. Can anybody suggest where i can get good clean accomodation between $25-$30..without cokroaches or filthy bathrooms and torn sheets as i will be coming with my girlfriend. Most of teh sites have mixed revies which leaves anybody confused... Please suggest..



Accomodation in colombo


HI,



The Oasis Beach Hotel. ( %26amp; fish and lobster restaurant ).



31 Poruthota Road,



Negombo....Tel; +94-(0)-31-2279022



As good as most 2 star hotels. Decent, comfortable rooms, good en-suites. Two restaurants, one over looking the beach and one looking over the road.



It%26#39;s also got a decent swimming pool which most budget hotels don%26#39;t have.



If you want to send me your email address, I can reply and attach a few pics.



Last time I stayed there I paid 2000 rupees for double room including breakfasts. Probably a bit more in peak season but you should get it within your budget.



Rod.



Accomodation in colombo


Oops,



sorry. I didn%26#39;t read your post properly. I read Negombo for Colombo.



You could try,



Mrs Nanayakara%26#39;s Guest House,



20 Chelsea Gardens,



Colombo......Tel; +94-(0)-71-2278758



Like a little cottage , in a quiet road, quite near the centre.



I havn%26#39;t been there in a couple of years buy the little lady kept a lovely, homely, guest house.



Rod.




Thanks Rod for the info...



Fortunately i will be going to negombo also... if you could provide me with the email address of The Oasis Beach Hotel, i would be very much obliged..





I will be staying in colombo just for 2 days... So nanayakara%26#39;s guest house should do fine..i will try to call them up and fix it..




HI,



Sorry, the Oasis is one of those thats a bit behind the times . No email or web site.





igougo.com/lodging-reviews-b195523-Negombo-O鈥?/a>





That report is from an independant web site. I%26#39;ve stayed there about 7 or 8 times and never pre-booked.



I have allways just walked in and got the room without any problem but , if you%26#39;re going to be in Colombo first, you could allways phone from there.



I%26#39;M sure they have room but if not there%26#39;s plenty of accomodation in Negombo. Probably more there than anywhere else in the country.



Rod,


  • revlon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment