Friday, April 13, 2012

Elephant Orphanage

I read about the above orphanage which sounds nice for the forthcoming trip to Sri Lanka.

However I read somewhere there is another similar place in Sri Lanka that one can visit but allows one to have elephant rides which Pinnawela doesnt.

Please does anyone have any details if so I would be appreciative.

Ian

Elephant Orphanage

Hi Ian,

I assume that you refer to the Millennium Elephant Foundation

http://www.eureka.lk/elefound/

It is located close to the Elephant Orphanage at Pinnawala, actually on the same road a couple of km before you reach EO after turning off from Colombo-Kandy road, so it%26#39;s possible to visit both in the same day.

MEF has less elephants than EO, but at MEF you can bathe and ride the elephants for a fee.

Hans

Elephant Orphanage

Thank you for this information about the MEF. Please do you know where its located and what it would cost for an elephant ride please

Ian


Hi again Ian,

For location see my reply above.

My latest second hand knowledge is about LKR 1500/pp for a 15 min ride.

Hans


Dear Hans

Thank you for your kind reply

1500 rupees doesnt seem to bad for a 15 minute ride. I saw someone riding elephant there on a Youtube video

Yours with thanks

Ian

  • hair braiding
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment