Thursday, March 29, 2012

Where in Sri Lanka would one obtain VISA for india

Dear Forum

If , during my trip to SRI lanka, I wish to make a trip over to India, please does anyone know the address of the location to obtain the visa from.

Also please does anyone know what the price would be for the visa

Your kind help graciously appreciated

Ian

Where in Sri Lanka would one obtain VISA for india

Hi Ian,

The Indian embassy (high consulate) is more or less opposite the Cinnamon Grand hotel, towards Galle Face. The price of the visa depends on your nationality, not on the fact that you apply in Lanka - so it%26#39;s same as for the Indian embassy back home. And mind you, facilities and queues at the Colombo office are Lankan standard and far worse than what you%26#39;d expect in UK - I%26#39;ve regularly seen queues stretching for hours on the pavement there, in the scorching heat...

All the best,

%26lt;Erik%26gt; %26amp; [Sandya]

Where in Sri Lanka would one obtain VISA for india

Hi Ian,

You can apply for visa to India from Indian High Commission in Colombo. Address: 36-38, Galle Rd

(close to Galle Face Hotel or Assistant Indian High Commission in Kandy. Address: 31, Rajapihilla Mawatha.

Indian HC in Colombo is not at all service minded. When I applied a couple of years ago, the time for issuing a visa was 10-14 days, which in my case was too late for my flights, so I cancelled my visit to India. HC will surely ask you why didn%26#39;t get your visa issued in your home country.

Fee for visa is depending on your nationality, not where the visa is issued.

Hans


Ian

Probably better to obtain visa for India before you leave UK, visas can now be applied for via mail or online as well as queing at High Commission or thier visa agents throughout UK now.

Regards

Dave


Dear everyone

Thank you for being so kind. I feel this forum is great. Please does anyone know what website is for applying on line for India VISA from UK

Best wishes

Ian


Hi Ian,

Try http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

Hans


Hi Hans

Thanks for this helpful link ! ive now downloaded all the pages I need

Best wishes

Ian


Hi Hans

Thanks for this helpful link ! ive now downloaded all the pages I need

Best wishes

Ian


Hi Hans

Thanks for this helpful link ! ive now downloaded all the pages I need

Best wishes

Ian

  • low disk space
  • 2 comments:

    1. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. sırbistan vize

      ReplyDelete