Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sri Lanka in July/August

We are thinking about going to Sri Lanka in July or August and while there would like to do some scuba diving. From the brief research I have done it seems the east coast is best but I can find very little information on diving there can anyone help? Has anyone dived on the east coast, knows of a good diving operators, costs etc





Sri Lanka in July/August


Hi,





http://www.divesrilanka.com/ is the dive site for Sri Lanka.





There is not much tourism (and diving) on the east coast yet (tsunami, ethnic conflict etc.) and UK FCO advise against visiting there.





Hans



Sri Lanka in July/August


thanks maybe we will rethink where we go, or not dive if we go to Sri Lanka




Dashkath,



Dont b put off. I went last year for 2 weeks over july and august and had an excellent holiday. Such a lovely place with friendly, warm people. I enjoyed it so much, we booked again for 3 weeks over July and August. Did not visit the East, however, I did stay at Beruwala where I am returning this year) and it was lovely. I don%26#39;t dive to be honest, however, I have heard that Hikkaduwwa have water sports and glass bottomed boats.





There are lots of different price guides for travel to Sri Lanka, we are flying with Kingfisher which is a lot cheaper than our Emirates flight last year.





Good luck hunting for a holiday!



Mina.

No comments:

Post a Comment