Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Are 1st Choice still flying Summer 09?

I have been watching the Club Dolphin prices for July 09 but for the past week there has been no holidays available for any dates in July. (Which seems a bit strange) I have also looked at several dates from May to October and nothing comes up? Has anyone else the same problem? Haven%26#39;t rung them yet as haven%26#39;t totally decided between Sri Lanks and Thailand.



Are 1st Choice still flying Summer 09?


Hi





Ive just called first choice for a flight price for July and there were no dates available. They told me there is only one flight now every fortnight. Hope this helps.





Thanks



Mraia



Are 1st Choice still flying Summer 09?


Hi,





Have a look at this thread:



tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293961-i8983-k2…





Hans




hi i know it is early but 5 of us are going on the 9 june 09




We booked for October 2009 with 1st Choice. This would have been our 3rd year going with them. When I read this forum I rang Thomson and the person I spoke to was very very evasive. She could not tell whether my holiday was safe or not. She said they would not accept the remainder of my payments if the holiday was not going ahead. She said that the pre-department team would be in touch if the holiday was not going ahead. I asked when, and she said later in the year. What a nightmare! Don%26#39;t know whether to cancel or not. Just thought you ought to know if anyone has already booked for later in 2009.




We booked to go to the Blue Water w/c June 23rd for a fortnight with Thompson .I too had noticed that all the holidays for Sri Lanka had been taken off the online bookings I picked up the threads yesterday on Trip advisor this prompted me to ring my local office to ask what is going on, the lady rung me back and told me my holiday was safe and would go ahead , unfortunatley having suffered all the rubbish First choice gave out in September last year after hurricane Ike , i was given four days notice my holiday was cancelled , i found it hard to take information received at face value .



So i went into local office last night, the young lady was very helpful and made some more calls the first answer was yes every thing is alright she made another call and this time found out all holidays are supspened at present awaitind a decision from directors of First choice/ Thompsons and i would be informed in due corse what is going to happen .The lady at Thompsons is going to ring again next week to see if she get get some more information for me , but it looks like here we go again i really dont need a repartion of last years fiasco








Just spoken to someone at First Choice and they are not travelling to Sri Lanka anymore BUT Thomson holidays who they have merged with have taken on the route.




Not spoken to any on with firstchoice yet plan too in a cupple of days but when we booked prob 6 months a go even then the flight info was with a tom flight from gatwick?








Hi Jaars12





Same here! We booked in Sept 08 for a holiday in Aug 08.





Felt really worried thats why I rang as we were originally going to Margarita and 1st choice pulled the holiday and we first heard of that through trip advisor and when I rang they admitted it.





We thought here we go again!!!




hi jaars12



we have booked to to hotel dolphin on the 15th sept there are 6 of s going for my brother wedding we didnt know about the flights until this morning when we phoned to up grade our flights our travel agent



(coop)spent ages phoning first choice and after an age and speaking to loads of reps were told it is just that they are not sure which airline they are going to use first choice or thompson they have promised to let the travel agent know on monday what is happing so will keep u all informed




That%26#39;s a shame as we went with them in may last year and had a brill time. I know that they have stopped going to Margarita also when i enquired in a shop the lady told me that due to the economy and the increased cost in holidays newer routes were being put on hold but as Sri Lanka is an established destination for them i am surprised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment