Thursday, April 19, 2012

Is this 5 night itinerary realistic ?



Hi Forum, hope all is well.





I am flying in to Colombo at about 10:30 AM in late February for 5 nights. Part of my 15 night Honeymoon, and probably the one we are looking most forward for.





-3 nights (Bentota @ Wunderbar).



Beach, River tour, Galle and some of the other beaches along the way.





-2 Nights (Hotel Suggestions welcome)



Kandy



Pinewalla



Safari





One issue is an early flight I have catch to Maldive as 8:30 meaning I need to be at the Airport at 6:00 am.





Could anyone either adjust my itinerary to make it realistic or provide any feedback. Or can anyone suggest more things I can do, Thanks in advance and have a great holiday season.





Can I do 4 night in Bentota and 1 in Kandy?





PS Im in Toronto and local temperature -12 C...:(







Neemo14.



Is this 5 night itinerary realistic ?


Hi Neemo,





Sounds by and large realistic. However I have my doubts about %26#39;safari%26#39; near Kandy. The closest safari park, Minneriya, is 4 hours drive from there and like all of those parks starts its safaris at dawn and at 3:30 PM for the dusk slot. So not really realistic to do from Kandy.





Still, I%26#39;d recommend 2 nights Kandy. It%26#39;s 4-5 hours drive from Bentota and only 1 night to relax from that is too little. Also as you want to go from Kandy to airport you%26#39;d need to leave around 4 AM in the morning, and better have a not-too-full day before that. Including not only Pinawela orphanage (could also do that during travel from Bentota) but also temple of the tooth, Kandy dance and botanical gardens.





Kandy acco: in 3-4 star segment e.g. Thilanka, Hilltop or Swiss Residence. The first two are walking distance from town centre. In the Wunderbar segment there are also plenty of boutique hotels, see e.g. www.boutiquesrilanka.com for an idea of what exists.





Hope this helps a bit,





%26lt;Erik%26gt; %26amp; [Sandya]



Is this 5 night itinerary realistic ?


Hi Neemo





My favourite hotel in Kandy is Serene Garden Hotel. Opened in March 2008, so still nice and clean, and they have a swimming pool. Price for double room with half board can be had from LKR 7500.





I would say that 2 hours from Kandy to Airport is quite tight, even at nighttime. Considering the tightening of security at the Airport, I would leave 30 mins extra for that, and also another 30 mins for the drive to be on the safe side. I recommend you leave Kandy at 3am.





Hans



P.t. in Lanka where the weather is overcast today




Thanks for your help.





Its now - 7 C in Toronto.....




Hi,





I think if you can cut one night from Bentota and stay that night in Habarana you will be able to do some safaris.Both minneriya and kaudulla parks are closer to habarana.





Nishantha






Hi Neemo14,



i stay at the wunderbar quite often and to get the most out of my trips and getting around i have gone to kandy and pinewalla and stayed in a lovely hotel that dagi at the wunderbar organised and guided on my last few days of the holiday. so i didn%26#39;t feel that my family were traveling back and forth. luggage was taken and early morning dagi and sammy dropped us off at the airport and they make everything so easy for you. just ask dagi once at the wunderbar and he will organise everything without any effort on your part. my flight home is usually 6am at the airport too. anthea

No comments:

Post a Comment