Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tangalle back to Colombo.

Ok guys, I need some help again!!





After doing the CT we are planning on getting some rest on the beaches! I think I%26#39;ll need it after climbing Adam%26#39;s Peak.





We are going to head to Tangalle and then work our way back through to Colombo. I think we%26#39;ll have about 8-9 days to do this so we%26#39;re fairly flexible, if we find a place we love, we%26#39;ll stay there for a few more days...





I was thinking about Tangalle, then Dikwella, Mirissa, then a few other places on the way back to Colombo...





I think the Palm Paradise Cabanas looks good in Tangalle, but can people recommend places for us to visit and places to stay??





I%26#39;d like to stay at the Asian Jewel too as it looks stunning (but quite expensive!!)!!





Tangalle back to Colombo.


In Tangalle I%26#39;d highly recommend Rocky Point - just next to Palm Paradise. See my review in the hotel reviews section for info. I was ready to move in permanently after a wonderful stay there last year!



Tangalle back to Colombo.


Cheers matey, I%26#39;ll have a look now!!





I%26#39;ve been advised about Ganga House in Bentota on the river and that looks great.





Is Dikwella worth stopping off at for a few days??





Rod B, anyone please??




Bump...




Hi Faceman





I%26#39;m about to revisit Sri Lanka in the next week and plan on staying a couple of nights around Dickwella. I have been there before .. stayed at Dickwella Resort ... DON%26#39;T go there .. it%26#39;s terrible, unless you want a holiday camp where pizzas are the order of the day, served with lots of flies. Dickwella village itself is pretty ordinary, but big enough to have a Cargills for you to re-stock on drinks or whatever.





This time I am going to stay at Rod B%26#39;s recommendation of Kadolana .. when are you going? I will report back when I return at the end of January if that is not too late for you.





Palm Paradise Cabanas is lovely .. can highly recommend this place. The cabanas are simple, but the setting is fantastic and there%26#39;s a lovely ambience at the place, Great beach, fabulous food ... lovely altogether. Whilst in the Tangalle/Dickwella area, make sure you visit Mulkirigala Rock Temple and maybe Rekawa Beach (better from Tangalle this one)to see turtles coming ashore at night to lay their eggs.





All the best





Sue




Cheers for the info Sue, we%26#39;re going on the 31st Jan so we might be able to get your views on what the place is like as we%26#39;re doing the cultural triangle first.





I%26#39;ve seen very good reviews for the Palm Paradise Cabanas, so we%26#39;ll probably stay there whilst in Tangalle... I%26#39;ll look out for your review of the place Rod B suggested in Dickwella.





Have a great time!! I%26#39;m getting very excited and it%26#39;s a month until we go!!!




Hello again Faceman





We fly out on 7th Jan .. arrive back on 29th, so it%26#39;s a bit close .. but I%26#39;ll try to drop you a pm with my thoughts .. I can%26#39;t stop talking about Sri Lanka each time I get back, so it will be my pleasure!





If you want a few photos of any of the places I%26#39;ve mentioned, I have hundreds (Dickwella Beach, Mulkirigala, Palm Paradise, Adams Peak .. etc etc.) drop me a pm with your e-mail address and I%26#39;ll send some to you.





I am not surprised you are excited about your trip ... I can%26#39;t wait either .. and neither can Rod B who is following on my heels!!!





Sue




Hi,



You%26#39;re absolutely right Sue,,, I%26#39;m counting the days.



Just as a point of interest for anyone else trying to pinpoint the Kadolana, it%26#39;s not actually in Dikwella but about 1/3rd of the way between Dikwella and Tangalle, so ideal for exploring both of those areas.



Rod.






Fly in on monday, but do not go south yet, have about 3 month to do sights. We also liked Palm Paradise Cabanas,but not sure ,what we do this time. Have safe trips everybody !




Cheers Rod, we%26#39;re going to stay there for a few days after we leave Tangalle instead of staying in Dikwella I expect. I%26#39;ve sent Sue a PM asking her for pictures of the area etc.





We%26#39;re just looking to relax on a beach for a few days with some fantastic food and a few beers. I%26#39;ll be swimming most days too, are the currents on the beaches ok to swim?




Hi faceman





I%26#39;ve replied to your pm .. photos will follow shortly!





Re. safety for swimming .. it varies from place to place .. if you stay at Palm Paradise Cabanas, it is safe to swim.





Can%26#39;t advise on other south coast locations. You%26#39;d need to check locally, as it varies enormously from place to place.





Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment