Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tamil going to Srilanka

hi,





I am going to Srilanka in two weeks with my new husband.



I am tamil and some of my relatives have warned me against going to Srilanka.. they say that some tamils are stopped at the airport for further checks by the army and they experience more problems than normal travellers.





I think I should be okay as my married name is English and I have an english passport...





What do you think? Should I be worried and more wary?



Tamil going to Srilanka


Hi there,





Should be no problem due to your passport. Indeed Tamils with an SL passport still have some issues with checking/problems, but you can always threaten THEM that you solely want to be handled by Tourist Police. And of course also your hubbie can help %26#39;escalating%26#39; when needed.





At your service,





%26lt;Erik%26gt; %26amp; [Sandya]



Tamil going to Srilanka


thanks Erik.





Are tourists normally stopped and checked over around Srilanka? We are going with a Kuoni driver around from Colombo to Nuwara Eliya, Kandy and the cultural triangle.. We are only even staying in Colombo for couple of hours as we are being cautious!!





My whole family is being paranoid about me going, but I wanted to show my husband where I am from.




Hi again,





Well - ALL cars are stopped at checkpoints, but as soon as they see a typical %26#39;tourist%26#39; inside (usually skin color) in most cases the checks are far less intense. And indeed Colombo has far more checkpoints than other areas.



So guess why, when travelling in a car with friends or family, they usually put ME in the front seat? ;-)





All the best,





%26lt;Erik%26gt; %26amp; [Sandya]




Hi there....





Just to add.....





Kuoni will have thier nameplate/identification in front windows of thier cars, and thier drivers will have ID too, so you should not encounter any more problems that any other tourist to Sri Lanka.





Would be advisable to have your passport handy for inspection during your tour, but this is normal for any tourists these days, other than this you should not have any problems, so please put your familie%26#39;s nerves at ease.





Regards





Dave


  • mineral foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment